Any education and training should lead to a job. If you are looking for a new pursuit then look no further! All programs are offered online so you can study at your pace wherever you are.
There is not enough educated and skilled people to fill the needs in the horticultural employment market and consistently employers need to hire non-qualified personnel. There is a need for Horticulturists in all parts of the horticultural industry but currently the regulations in the Cannabis Industry has a regulated need for this professional designation. Do be aware that the rest of the horticultural industry is also moving towards a professional credential requirement for many of the upper level positions. Becoming a Horticulturist will keep you ahead of most of the people seeking upper level horticultural related jobs.
Diploma in Horticulture Program – 2 YEAR
There is an overwhelming need for skilled and educated people to work in the ever-evolving horticultural industry. This industry is so large and varied that you as a horticulturist could work in a variety of fields to keep your interest keen and enough variety in your work to never feel stagnant. The industry includes landscaping; production (both field and controlled environment); the golf-course industry; parks and estate management; the floral industry; horticultural therapy; and there are also many entrepreneurial opportunities.
This horticulture program provides the opportunity to develop the skillset and knowledge base to work in upper management in the field of horticulture or to start your own business. This is a two year program which gives the learner the professional credential of Horticulturist. Learners may focus on specific focus streams upon graduation which will give additional skills and knowledge in: Landscaping; Field or Controlled Environment Production; Agronomy; Environmental Horticulture , Production of Specialty Crops; Commercial Cannabis Production.
Certificate in Horticulture Program – 1 YEAR
If you would like to work in the horticulture industry but do not want to start at the bottom, then this may be the course for you! This program is designed for those who wish to have the knowledge and skills to work in the industry but not in a management role.
This horticulture program is less than one year to complete and can be taken in the classroom, by distance or online.
Target Horticulture Certificate – 3 MONTHS
This horticulture program is only 240 hours in length and targets specific parts of the industry. Get a certificate in Floristry, Field or Controlled Environment Production, Landscaping, Agronomy or Environmental Horticulture by taking four compulsory courses and choosing five electives.
This program is designed for those who wish to only work in one small area within the horticulture industry or for those who have limited time or resources but need a little bit of education and training to secure a job.
Introductory Courses - Register for both courses for a one-time limited offer of $600 plus GST!
Intro to Production Horticulture – $399.00 plus GST
An overview of production horticulture for the novice. Competencies include: applied botany; propagation; greenhouse and field production of crops
Intro to Production Facilities – $399.00 plus GST
An overview of production facilities and crop production systems. Competencies include: management of equipment; irrigation systems; media management; pest control and conventional and low input facilities.
Recommendations for Participants
– Choose the program that will get you what you need to have a job or a business which meets your dreams! If you are unsure which program you will need then our team can help you to make the right choice. It is generally accepted that a professional credential will get you a higher pay scale and allow your advancement in the field of your choice.
– Plan on completing one course per month as each course is equivalent to a standard course in a full-time diploma or degree program.
– Be prepared to spend at least 15 hours per week, per course.
– All courses are delivered online.
– Participants must be 18 prior to enrollment.
– If you are interested in the Commercial Cannabis Program, there are two introductory courses that must be completed prior to enrollment in the Cannabis Specialty Courses if you cannot show proof of a degree or diploma in Horticulture, Biology or other related discipline.
– Please note that it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that any previous criminal records be assessed for eligibility in the industry prior to taking courses.